Final Case Assignment: Application Of The Problem-Solving Model And Theoretical Orientation-JAKE LEVY
Helen Perlman. Her seminal 1957 book, Social Casework: A Problem-Solving Process, described the problem-solving model and the 4Ps. Since then, other scholars and practitioners have expanded the problem-solving model and problem-solving therapy. At the heart of problem-solving model and problem-solving therapy is helping clients identify the problem and the goal, generating options, evaluating the options, and then implementing the plan.
Because models are blueprints and are not necessarily theories, it is common to use a model and then identify a theory to drive the conceptualization of the client’s problem, assessment, and interventions. Take, for example, the article by Westefeld and Heckman-Stone (2003). Note how the authors use a problem-solving model as the blueprint in identifying the steps when working with clients who have experienced sexual assault. On top of the problem-solving model, the authors employed crisis theory, as this theory applies to the trauma of going through sexual assault. Observe how, starting on page 229, the authors incorporated crisis theory to their problem-solving model.
In this Final Case Assignment, using the same case study that you chose in Week 2, you will use the problem-solving model AND a theory from the host of different theoretical orientations you have used for the case study.
You will prepare a PowerPoint presentation consisting of 11 to 12 slides, and you will use the Personal Capture function of Kaltura to record both audio and video of yourself presenting your PowerPoint presentation.
- Review and focus on the case study that you chose in Week 2. (JAKE LEVY CASE)
- Review the problem-solving model, focusing on the five steps of the problem-solving model formulated by D’Zurilla on page 388 in the textbook.
- In addition, review this article listed in the Learning Resources: Westefeld, J. S., & Heckman-Stone, C. (2003). The integrated problem-solving model of crisis intervention: Overview and application. The Counseling Psychologist, 31(2), 221–239. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1177/0011000002250638
By Day 7
Upload your Kaltura video of you presenting your PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
- Identify the theoretical orientation you have selected to use.
- Describe how you would assess the problem orientation of the client in your selected case study (i.e., how the client perceives the problem). Remember to keep the theoretical orientation in mind in this assessment stage.
- Discuss the problem definition and formulation based on the theoretical orientation you have selected.
- Identify and describe two solutions from all the solutions possible. Remember, some of these solutions should stem from the theoretical orientation you are utilizing.
- Describe how you would implement the solution. Remember to keep the theoretical orientation in mind.
- Describe the extent to which the client is able to mobilize the solutions for change.
- Discuss how you would evaluate whether the outcome is achieved or not. Remember to keep the theoretical orientation in mind.
- Evaluate how well the problem-solving model can be used for short-term treatment of this client.
- Evaluate one merit and one limitation of using the problem-solving model for this case.
Your 11- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation should follow these guidelines:
- Each slide should be written using bullet points, meaning no long paragraphs of written text should be in the slides.
- Include a brief narration for each slide (i.e., the narration takes the place of any written paragraphs, while the bullet points provide context and cues for the audience to follow along).
- Record both audio and video for presentation.
Be sure to:
- Identify and correctly reference the case study you have chosen.
- Use literature to support your claims.
- Use APA formatting and style.
- Include the reference list on the last slide.
- Speak clearly.
- Dress professionally.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on
the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at LindasHelp.com. We assure you of a well
written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT?
Whether you need help writing your paper, or doing a PowerPoint presentation, final exam, discussion question, or lab, Here at Homework nerds we can help. Just click on the below order now button, and let us take care of all your academic needs.
The Strawberry Watermelon Cuvie Air offers a unique mix of strawberries and the juicy California watermelon flavor. Giving you the sweetest and most delicious fruit flavor you can imagine. Whereas, The Strawberry mango Cuvie AIR by HQD offers vapors around the globe. A tropical flair and rejuvenating taste by mixing and combining fresh mango taste with icy strawberries. If you were looking for an ultimate refreshment then SKY MINT AIR CUVIE is a must to try. but if you were looking for a tropical coconut flavor then the Strawberry Coconut Cuvie Air is your best choice. This flavor mix two fruit-filled tastes for which we know and love. Finally, if you love the taste of Kiwi and Lemonade this CUVIE AIR has a nice flavor for you to try. But if you like chocolates, then you must try the Frozen Choco HQD CUVIE AIR. The device comes with amazing flavors such as BLACK ICE -CUVIE AIR. This flavor combines blackberries and cold menthol to give you refresh you in every way. Is an innovative blend of flavors that will make your palate feel wild with excitement. On the other hand, Grapey Cuvie Air has mixed an amazing fresh grape flavor with sugar. Which will give you unlimited pleasure. The Blueberry Lemonade Cuvie Air takes everyone’s favorite summertime beverage and upgrades it with fresh Lemon and crispy blueberries.