Crucible Essay Paper Homework Help
THE CRUCIBLE ESSAY PROMPT:
In Arthur Miller’s play, The Crucible, each character faces his or her own internal and/or external conflict(s). Choose one of the writing prompts below, and discuss your answer in a five-paragraph, informational essay.
- Compare the roles that Elizabeth Proctor and Abigail Williams play in The Crucible. What conflicts does each character face? How does each woman resolve them?
- Why are Danforth, Hathorne, and the other authorities so resistant to believe the claim that Abigail and the other girls are lying? Explain the internal and external conflicts that are present.
- Analyze Reverend Parris. What are his motivations for supporting the witch trials? What conflict(s) does he face?
- Discuss the changes that Reverend Hale undergoes throughout the course of the play. How does he face conflict after his grave realization?
- Why does Tituba choose to admit to witchcraft? How is her situation different from the Puritans in Salem?
ESSAY REQUIREMENTS AND TIPS:
- This essay must be four to five paragraphs in length.
- Remember, all essays must be completed in MLA format (header with page number, formal heading, double spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, etc.).
- Each body paragraph should contain a minimum of one quotation (piece of textual evidence) from the play.
- Spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization (conventions) are part of the writing rubric and will be graded.
- Be sure to indent your paragraphs and maintain even double-spacing throughout.
- Do not use first person pronouns I, me, or my, or myself in academic writing.
- Be careful not to plagiarize any portion of your work.
In The Crucible, emphasis is placed on social responsibility. The idea that people should look out for their neighbors and be involved in the community to make it better is essential to the Puritan way of life. While that continues to be a part of many cultures for many the idea of community has taken on a different face.
Discuss how the sense of community in the Crucible is the same or different from communities now. Please use at least three quotations from the text in your essay and cite the text.
Some things to think about:
Do neighbors know each other?
Do they feel a sense of responsibility for each other?
Are you involved in any community organizations that better your town?
Explain some ways to foster a better and more tight-knit sense of community now.
What might be some reasons things are so different in communities now?
Requirements and Reminders:
This must be 4 to 5 paragraphs in length.
Remember all Essays must be completed in MLA format. (header with page number, formal heading, double spaced, 12 pt. easily readable font)
3 quotations from the essay must be included as evidence that you have read and understood the text.
Spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization are graded.
Indent your paragraphs.
Do not use first person pronoun I in academic writing.
Remember not to plagiarize any portion of your work.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on
the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at LindasHelp.com. We assure you of a well
written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT ?
Whether you need help writing your paper, or doing a power point presentation, final exam, discussion question or a lab, Here at Homework nerds we can help. Just click on the below order now button, and let us take care of all your academic needs.