Business Law Landlord Tenant Laws Essay
LANDLORD-TENANT LAWS IN NEW YORK STATE; THE IMPACT OF COVID 19 ON THE OBSERVATION OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOTH PARTIES.
As the title would suggest, the term paper seeks to identify the impact of Covid-19 in relation to the Commercial as well as Residential Lease Arena. Prior to the pandemic, the law of contract as well as various legislations and enforcement agencies governed the relationship between Landlords and Tenants. In the New York State, both parties referred to the vast table of laws applicable within the state so as to understand each other’s rights and responsibilities, as well as use the same as a basis for enforcement in a Court of law whenever a dispute arose.
However, when the world was hit by the pandemic, both Tenant and Landlord were left in a dilemma, as the ravaging nature of the disease saw residents not only lose their lives, but those that were spared lost their sources of income due to the total lockdown that was enforced in a bid to mitigate the risks of spreading the virus. Many were later burdened by financial strain that saw them unable to cater to their most basic needs such as housing.
The term paper therefore looks into; i.) the impact of the pandemic on the enforcement of preexisting commercial and residential contracts, ii.) what actions were taken to provide a fair and middle ground for both the land lord and tenant to fulfill their duties, iii.) what recommendations can be made to accommodate such occurrences in the future.
In developing and resolving the issues, various scholarly as well as journal articles shall be referenced. The paper also intends to refer to other practices from different jurisdictions across the United States as well as the globe in making recommendations in the matter.
- LANDLORD-TENANT LAWS IN NEW YORK STATE PRE-COVID
- What Laws Governed Lease Agreements Pre-Covid?
- What were the mandatory rights and responsibilities of each party Pre-Covid?
- Were there provisions for occurrences such as pandemics? (Doctrine of force-majeure on commercial & residential contracts)
- IMPACT OF THE PANDEMIC ON PRE-EXISTING LEASE AGREEMENTS.
- How did the pandemic affect the rights and responsibilities of each party?
- What measures were put in place to curb the predicament? (Impact of the New York State Emergency Rent Assistance Program).
- THE NEW YORK STATE EMERGENCY RENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME (ERAP) POST COVID.
- Can the state sustain the program overtime vis-à-vis the economic crisis that will take years to rebuild?
- What recommendations can be made to ensure both parties fulfill their duties post Covid?
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on
the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at LindasHelp.com. We assure you of a well
written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT?
Whether you need help writing your paper, or doing a PowerPoint presentation, final exam, discussion question, or lab, Here at Homework nerds we can help. Just click on the below order now button, and let us take care of all your academic needs.