Activity: thesis identification (graded) | ENG123 Comp 2 | Southern New Hampshire University
NOTE: This activity will be graded based on completion.
The reading this week stresses the importance of thesis statements, so let’s take a moment to determine your thesis statement before you begin building more detail into your argument. You have worked on your intended argument over the course of the term. In this activity, you will work to find your argument and make sure you are putting that argument into a clear, concise thesis statement. Open your Writing Plan to use the work you have done so far to respond to the following questions, which will help you through the process.
Answer the questions below in another Word document to construct a working thesis statement. When you have finished answering the questions, copy and paste your answers into the textbox below and click Submit.
You have not yet completed the activity below.
- What is the problem you will be addressing that is connected to your potential field or major?
- State your argument that addresses this problem. Remember, your argument may have changed now that you’ve conducted more research.
- What is your first reason or keypoint why your audience should be persuaded by your argument? Can it be supported using the research you’ve conducted so far? Briefly identify the research you will use to support this point.
- What is your second reason or keypoint why your audience should be persuaded by your argument? Can it be supported using the research you’ve conducted so far? Briefly identify the research you will use to support this point.
- What is your third reason or keypoint why your audience should be persuaded by your argument? Can it be supported using the research you’ve conducted so far? Briefly identify the research you will use to support this point.
- Now, combine your answers to questions 2-5 to construct a thesis statement. Your thesis statement should be 1-2 sentences long. Begin by stating the position you will argue, and then go on to list the reasons or major points you will write about in the paper to defend that position. To review an example, feel free to look back to the discussion of thesis statements in 5-2.
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT?
Whether you need help writing your paper, or doing a PowerPoint presentation, final exam, discussion question, or lab, Here at Homework nerds we can help. Just click on the below order now button, and let us take care of all your academic needs.
The Strawberry Watermelon Cuvie Air offers a unique mix of strawberries and the juicy California watermelon flavor. Giving you the sweetest and most delicious fruit flavor you can imagine. Whereas, The Strawberry mango Cuvie AIR by HQD offers vapors around the globe. A tropical flair and rejuvenating taste by mixing and combining fresh mango taste with icy strawberries. If you were looking for an ultimate refreshment then SKY MINT AIR CUVIE is a must to try. but if you were looking for a tropical coconut flavor then the Strawberry Coconut Cuvie Air is your best choice. This flavor mix two fruit-filled tastes for which we know and love. Finally, if you love the taste of Kiwi and Lemonade this CUVIE AIR has a nice flavor for you to try. But if you like chocolates, then you must try the Frozen Choco HQD CUVIE AIR. The device comes with amazing flavors such as BLACK ICE -CUVIE AIR. This flavor combines blackberries and cold menthol to give you refresh you in every way. Is an innovative blend of flavors that will make your palate feel wild with excitement. On the other hand, Grapey Cuvie Air has mixed an amazing fresh grape flavor with sugar. Which will give you unlimited pleasure. The Blueberry Lemonade Cuvie Air takes everyone’s favorite summertime beverage and upgrades it with fresh Lemon and crispy blueberries.